Avenge is proven, resistance breaking chemistry that offers 100% knockdown and control of susceptible lice on sheep. Avenge contains Imidacloprid, a neonicotonoid insecticide that kills lice quickly by affecting their nervous system, resulting in louse paralysis and death.
Avenge controls susceptible body lice (Bovicola ovis) when applied to shorn sheep up to 7 days off shears and unshorn lambs up to 2 months of age. Avenge has a four week residual activity (when applied within 24 hours off-shears), offering the best protection against re-infestation for complete peace of mind. It will continue to kill any lice that hatch from eggs following treatment and protect sheep from reinfestation from stray sheep or other lousy sheep for up to four weeks. If you find a few strays, shear the strays as soon as possible and treat them with Avenge. Avenge also offers up to 10 weeks protection against fly strike off shears.
Avenge is formulated with Bayer’s f.a.s.t. (fleece absorption solvent technology) for rapid penetration and spread through the fleece. This enables Avenge to kill sheep lice fast and deliver prolonged protection against re-infestation, setting a new standard in lice control.
Refer to the label for all product information
- AVENGE is the only knockdown, pour-on lice treatment with 4 weeks residual protection
- 100% knockdown efficacy to kill lice fast, including strains resistant to other chemical classes
- Flexible - can be applied up to 7 days after shearing
- Safe to use on unshorn lambs up to 2 months of age
- Rainfast - tested in various rainfall conditions and proven itself effective on sheep that have been rained on - before and after treatment
- Provides up to 10 weeks protection against fly strike off shears
- High volume dose for better coverage and spread
- No need to keep sheep penned after application
- Easy application using a Bayer Avenge manual or compressed air/gas (Power Doser) applicator
Directions for Use
Apply Avenge as a double broad-band stripe in adult sheep or as a single band in younger sheep under 30kg bodyweight (according to the dose rate and application pattern below).
Add 10mL for each 10kg above 100kg bodyweight
Correct application is vital. With poor application, there are likely to be patches of low insecticide concentration where lice could survive the treatment. Inspect sheep prior to release from the race and if the dose is not applied correctly, re-treat as per the correct application pattern.
MEAT: DO NOT USE less than 21 days before slaughter for human consumption.
MILK: DO NOT USE on female sheep which are producing, or may in the future produce, milk or milk products for human consumption.
WOOL: DO NOT USE less than 6 months before shearing or fibre collection.
EXPORT SLAUGHTER INTERVAL (ESI): DO NOT slaughter for export less than 63 days after treatment.
One 20L pack will treat 333 sheep (30.1 - 55kg body weight).
For further information, click below:
Parasites & Pests
LiceThe major louse affecting Australian sheep is the sheep body louse, Bovicola (formerly Damalinia) ovis. The parasite feeds on the fatty secretions on the surface of the skin. Sheep lice cause intense irritation to infested sheep, resulting in pulled and cotted wool, especially around the flanks...
For full product information please register as vet here